About Las Cruces
Las Cruces is the fastest growing and second largest city in New Mexico with a population of over 80,000 friendly people and nearly 150,000 county wide. Las Cruces is in the heart of Mesilla Valley and is the county seat of Dona Ana county. Here are some great statistics about Las Cruces:
- Rated top 10 cities for employment 2010 by Bloomberg Business Week
- Rated #1 place to retire by AARP 2010
- Rated #1 "small place to live" in May 2002 by Forbes/Milken
- Named by Money Magazine November 2005 "Top College City to Retire"
- Named by Inc. Magazine as one of the "Top 25 Cities for Doing Business" in America.com March 2004
- Named one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Live" by Relocate-America.com
- Named one of the "Best Sports Towns" by Sports Illustrated May 2004
- Ranked the Best Small Metro Area for Business and Careers by Forbes/Milken Institute 2002
- THREE YEARS IN A ROW - Ranked in the top three by the Milken Institute 2002, 2003, 2004
The backdrop of Las Cruces is the spectacular Organ Mountains and is bordered on the west by the Rio Grande river and the Robledo Mountains. Las Cruces is surrounded by the historic communities of La Mesilla, Dona Ana and Hatch. The altitude is 3,800 feet above sea level and the City has a mild climate that boasts an average of 350 sunny days a year.
The economy is mainly driven by agriculture (cotton, pecans, and chile), aerospace, (White Sands Missile Range and the NASA Test Facility), tourism, and education. Las Cruces is the home of New Mexico State University which serves approximately 24,000 students. Las Cruces is looking forward to the economic impact the new Spaceport will bring to the area, including 3,500 new jobs.
Click on the following links for more information on Las Cruces:
Contact UsDona Ana Properties, LLC
133 Wyatt Drive Suite #12
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88005
Ph: (575) 526-1155 (575) 526-1200 Fax:(575) 526-4466